Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: flyers

james

Default flyers

Hi lv just started out and l have 1 Job and put 400 flyers out
    anyway to get more customers?

all should l keep handing out and hopeing to get more...

Post Re: flyers

Just started up a week ago. I have put an ad in the local paper for just under $50 a week and also posted about 200 flyers. Had 4 jobs so far, all from the paper. Not writing the flyers off though, will still plod the streets

Tim from HMS

Default Re: flyers

We have put flyers into about 600 letterboxes and had not a single response.

Our ad in the local paper which we had to buy in a block of minimum 4 weeks, cost around $200 and has so far resulted in about 10 calls since going in last Wednesday.

I did a flyer drop when i first started it took up to six months before they realy worked then i did it again just after that and got about 20 jobs from it you just have to be patient
    Regards Nev
    Last edited by administrator; 08-09-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Very Helpful Member

i did a lot of flyers when i first started some times a good response some times not my son and a friend went down the court behind me about 24 houses i had already done this 3or 4 times before.This time i got 3 reg lawns so you can never tell how they will go but i would also recommend an add in the local paper and when u do a job drop flyers in all the houses near by and good luck

Rome was never built in a day

and neither is any bodies business

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

slogged it out doing flyers today. What amazes (and sh!ts me) at the same time, is the joints that really do need a spruce up have all got "no junk mail" signs. I was tempted today to pop one in a particular run down place with a note on my flyer saying,

"I know it says No Junk Mail, but you really need to be calling me."

patch

Hi wombat
    You should try knocking on the front door, I started doing that when they had no junk mail and if no one is home you can leave a flyer at the door.

The Shire Or Councils Of Australia

No Junk Mail
    MAYBE A GOOD IDEA TO DROP SOME FLYERS IN TO THE COUNCIL LOL

If A Complaint About Certain Blocks Are Lodged Regarding Long Grass And Rubbish Etc In A Home Or Factory

Then They Are Obliged To Act And Make Sure That These Type Of Abodes Which Can Cause Fire Hazards Or Health Risks Get Cleaned Up

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Andrew

Red face Re: flyers

Hi Guys,

I started up about 5 months ago, was building it up on the side while working casually and have been full time for the past few weeks.

I've tried a few different things,
    1. Add in local paper classifieds, result about 5 over 6 weeks (luckily one was a Body Corp job)
    2. Over 2,000 flyers via Aust Post 1 solitary response (pissed off with it)
    3. Handed out the same flyers personally much better hit rate.

4. My latest trick (secret) is doing quotes instead of just flyers. I get 6 to an A4 page and this has by far given me the best results. It is a little hit and miss as I don't go into backards I just ball park it.

It's great cause you're actually giving people something (useful info) not the same old spiel about why to mow your lawn with us etc. So whenever I have time I throw the pushie into the back of the van target an area and go for it.

This week I just ran a fairly big add in the local a Spring Special where I take away green waste for FREE up to a trailer load with a min lawn cost of $35. I thought it was a pretty huge special. Haven't had a call yet and the paper came out last Thurs/Fri. Think I'll stick to my quote thanks.

bigG

what state are you from andrew

Andrew

QLD, Sunshine Coast

bigG

im from brisbane .the local paper does well here .just persist .when yo get a job hit that street with flyers and then see how you go