Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza........

Default Pizza........

Well I must say buying the BBQ pizza stone was an eye opener. It cooks the best pizzas ever..minus a wood oven...yeah I hear you Al... I am most impressed with it and you can get the wood oven flavour by burning a few chips in the BBQ. Well worth the outlay.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Pizza........

Now Bruce i like that idea greatly being a part time chef in MY kitchen...is it good for the oven or the webber maybe,,,sounds great idea......do you make your your own base..

It will work in the oven fine......the webber ....maybe...but if you own a BBQ it works fine. The missus buys the base at the supermarket. bag of 4 and we roll it out. One bag will make pizza you cannot eat. I love it because we have fun putting them together.....the dog gets the first one..just to prove the heat...then the wife ....then me.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

i think the bbq gets heaps hotter than the oven bluey, so sounds like a good way to go. if you check out abc iview theres a nz food show where a chef makes healthy fast food and he tries a few methods. the bbq was a good one, and on the road he used a cheapish wlectric pizza oven. i'll try and find the link for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    i think the bbq gets heaps hotter than the oven bluey, so sounds like a good way to go. if you check out abc iview theres a nz food show where a chef makes healthy fast food and he tries a few methods. the bbq was a good one, and on the road he used a cheapish wlectric pizza oven. i'll try and find the link for ya!
    Cheers mate...if you get the chance buy a BBQ stone ad try it. Best pizza I have tried
    Cheers

Bluey

sorry bluey, its a nz show called the food truck eppisode 4. its not on iview. i downloaded from a torrent site!
    i'll ave to get a stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    sorry bluey, its a nz show called the food truck eppisode 4. its not on iview. i downloaded from a torrent site!
    i'll ave to get a stone
    Get one mate and just experiment. Opens a new world.
    Cheers

Bluey

Good stuff bluey we have one on order as we speak looking forward to another great receipe...better than forking out one k plus on a pizza oven

We costed the the whole lot today. It worked out at $4.50 a pizza but my missus scolded me for using to much cheese on mine. The dog on the other hand loooooved her pizza.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Well I must say buying the BBQ pizza stone was an eye opener. It cooks the best pizzas ever..minus a wood oven...yeah I hear you Al... I am most impressed with it and you can get the wood oven flavour by burning a few chips in the BBQ. Well worth the outlay.
    Well Bluey all I can say is, its a pity for you that you dont live in Melbourne. Once you had been around to my place and tasted one of my pizza's you would be sold. Home made sauce, home made bases, toppings of your choice, get the oven to about 300 and 3 mins later out comes a mouth watering pizza - Bellisimo!!
    Seriously some of the best nights we have had have been around the oven, probably works out at about $50 bucks a pizza but who cares this oven is that solid it will be handed down to my kids.
    I'll leave the invite open if your ever over this way.

Listen you blokes if your going to talk about good pizza don't do it where I can hear you. I just wasted $30 bucks on **** dominos and you blokes are talking about these home cooked delights. Now I feel sick and pissed off. And Bluey clear some of your messages will ya

I don't think I will ever buy another one. Messages cleared
    Cheers

Bluey

Well tonight I am like Big Kev....I'M EXCITED...... Got my pizza oven deliverd today and set it up this arvo got it burning in right now. Same oven as Big Al's. Pizza night has gone up a notch now. Thanks for the tip on this oven Al she is a little beauty.
    Cheers

Bluey

Which oven is it? Wouldnt mind one for my place.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Well tonight I am like Big Kev....I'M EXCITED...... Got my pizza oven deliverd today and set it up this arvo got it burning in right now. Same oven as Big Al's. Pizza night has gone up a notch now. Thanks for the tip on this oven Al she is a little beauty.
    All good, welcome aboard Blu you'll love it!!!
    Now when your quoting pruning jobs you will be like me - looking for potential wood for the pizza oven LOL.
    Call me if you need a supplier for pizza flour can recommend one that will post it.
    Happy Cooking.
    Al
    May's Total Garden Care
    www.maystotalgardencare.com
    Ph: 0400556979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast