Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think??

Default Re: What do you think??

While I feel for the customer, this stuff happens to all of us every day! Getting ripped off! Fuel, electricity, tax etc etc the list is endless!
    The customer has it in her power to choose whom ever she likes! If she's not happy paying that price, with the conditions agreed to then she could get someone else! Simple!
    Don't we all like easy, good paying jobs? I sure as hell do! OK, not moving a rake is pretty sh!t but still, if she agreed the yard would be clear then yep, mow around anything! Rake one week, trampoline the next, then a car, trailers, swing sets, feed drums etc etc etc!
    Don't be bleeding hearts! Im not doing this shut for pats on the back or charity! Neither are any of you Im guessing!

It's pretty low to take advantage of someone who is not all there. I quoted ridiculous prices for some of my work- and still do it with irrigation if I am snowed under, but if it were an old lady missing a few marbles I would never do it. I'd probably do the opposite and charge very little. As for not moving a rake and edging every 3rd cut and charging extra, that says it all really...

Guys.... remember the client is "a kangaroo short in the top paddock"

It could be that she has misunderstood or deliberately misrepresented her situation.
    Perhaps she got behind in paying him and owes the current contractor for several mows?
    - this could explain how in her mind he charged her $90, and why on his last visit he made no attempt to move a minor obstacle - he was fed up with late and unfulfilled promises of payments.

While there are shonkies out there, I find it hard to believe anybody would pay $90 for 15 minutes mow.

And even $45 for 15 minutes appears similarly extortionate on the surface
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Very Helpful Member

i quoted a lady $25 to edge her nature strip,front and backyards and after she agreed i discover there was no backyard still get the $25 everytime
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12