Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Use Your Trailer As Free Advertising - if you can?

Default Re: Use Your Trailer As Free Advertising - if you can?

Got a picture?..old post here but presentation is everything, My own enquiry rate is picking up and i'm in the early stages of signs...see my vistaprint blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    I had peoples ask me at servo's and on jobs located within busier wider roads doing U turns to talk to me resulting in regular jobs. Had professional + pensioner clients in high quality addresses say to me that my rig is nice to have out the front. Also even got jobs from people reading the signage at the tip and the stories of contact just flow on from the signage.

Cost me $900 for the ute and 4 sided trailer signage and that has been paid for over and over + the GST refund on the BAS and expense write off.
    In Post one I mentioned my first quote over $1,000, well I got that one yesterday morning and secured a new doctors medical clinic for a clean up for $$$'s and on going maintenance late yesterday too.
    Very close to knocking back new jobs now due to a run of high quality new clients and the season has not fully engaged. Must now contact Yellow Pages and down grade my current 1 unit full colored listing for 2012.

But with the signage which is on every side of the rig when you get cut offff on the road you can just smile and say THANK YOU P***K under your breath.

There is a guy on ebay who does the prints for around $110 for large signs.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Hey Matt you will be able to do that soon... You got your $1,000 bucks yet??
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Matt (imoww) hasn't mentioned here that he mentioned this to me, to be very wary about the signage on the back of the trailer or truck as Matt has had this happen to himself, while traveling down the freeway he received a phone call, it's only the police officer in the vehicle behind him, Matt can confirm, he was asked to pull over and not get off the phone as the driver of the cops car walked up to the side of Matt's car to see Matt was on a hands free system, very lucky day Matt , my question would be what is the cop doing on the phone too, 2 sets of rules in my eyes, so guys be aware the cops will play this game just to tick up brownie points, not a nice way to get nailed, this has happened between Campbelltown and Goulburn on the freeway so just be aware they do play nasty games to catch you out .

like I got nailed no seatbelt in the old Daihatsu Delta 4tn truck traveling up a local hill at 50kph in an 80 kph zone, and then told he was saving my life if the truck had been in a smash and/or rolled over, funny thing is only had to turn 2 corners with in 80 mtrs to get to my destination, so I'll suck it up and pay it and loose the points cause the law is the law, even when it's so stupid some times, again he was young and after brownie points

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofhead View Post
    Matt (imoww) hasn't mentioned here that he mentioned this to me, to be very wary about the signage on the back of the trailer or truck as Matt has had this happen to himself, while traveling down the freeway he received a phone call, it's only the police officer in the vehicle behind him, Matt can confirm, he was asked to pull over and not get off the phone as the driver of the cops car walked up to the side of Matt's car to see Matt was on a hands free system, very lucky day Matt , my question would be what is the cop doing on the phone too, 2 sets of rules in my eyes, so guys be aware the cops will play this game just to tick up brownie points, not a nice way to get nailed, this has happened between Campbelltown and Goulburn on the freeway so just be aware they do play nasty games to catch you out .

like I got nailed no seatbelt in the old Daihatsu Delta 4tn truck traveling up a local hill at 50kph in an 80 kph zone, and then told he was saving my life if the truck had been in a smash and/or rolled over, funny thing is only had to turn 2 corners with in 80 mtrs to get to my destination, so I'll suck it up and pay it and loose the points cause the law is the law, even when it's so stupid some times, again he was young and after brownie points
    moral of the story ...abide by the law and suffer no consequence? ...in regards to cops using phones, they are able to legally. simple really.
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

and before I get flamed, I have been a wanker in vehicles most of my life, lost licence etc etc but never whinged about it. After being a volunteer firey for over 10 years and going to a LOT of MVAs ...you wake up, behave and abide by the law. laws pass for a reason, maybe not ALWAYS the right reason (revenue) but a reason all the same, and unless we stage a stockade, I cant see it changing. they make the rules, we live by them.

Off topic, but in my previous job - cabbie - I used to love hearing the new drivers whinging about the cops picking on cabbies and booking them. I would say to them "I know a good way around that one!!!!" and after they went wide eyed I would say "Don't break the law!!!!" Really pissed them off to no end.

lol well it used to me too, but eventually, you grow up I guess

Same as the people who whinge about speed cameras as just revenue raising. Of course they are. If you want to stuff them up DON'T SPEED.

2014-03-01 09.26.34.jpg

Got this done on Friday over night.. pretty pleased with the end product

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    2014-03-01 09.26.34.jpg

Got this done on Friday over night.. pretty pleased with the end product

Sterlo
    That is awesome!!!!

Wow, very sleek and intimidating, you know your stuff for sure, Indy stickers on the way??....We should have a 'Best Rig' Competition, different categories etc, etc, yours would have to be one of the best yet.

Very nice rig....
    "You never ever know when you might need a mow"

Sterlo did you apply the stickering yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Sterlo did you apply the stickering yourself?
    No way, leave that **** to the pros

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast