Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badboy outlaw

Default Badboy outlaw

Anyone got an opinion on the badboy outlaw mowers (60" x 36hp vanguard engine)?
    http://www.badboymowers.com/view/2011-outlaw#specs

Doing the numbers, you can buy one in the US for about $7K, freight is about $1000 and duty/GST will top out at about $1500. That's a lot of mower, even without warranty backup for under $10K

Anyone got/used one of the new ones. I heard reports about spindles going on the older models but apparently these ones are better...

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Re: Badboy outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by statler View Post
    Anyone got an opinion on the badboy outlaw mowers (60" x 36hp vanguard engine)?
    http://www.badboymowers.com/view/2011-outlaw#specs

Doing the numbers, you can buy one in the US for about $7K, freight is about $1000 and duty/GST will top out at about $1500. That's a lot of mower, even without warranty backup for under $10K

Anyone got/used one of the new ones. I heard reports about spindles going on the older models but apparently these ones are better...
    I would mainy be worried about getting spare parts if something hapened trust me nothing worse than the middle of the busy season and machine in the shop i ended up with three machines in the shop in january when i should have been flat out.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Not really too much of an issue for me, mine is for maintenance of a property and gets wheeled out max once/fortnight. They are actually stocked in OZ, so parts should be available i think

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statler View Post
    Not really too much of an issue for me, mine is for maintenance of a property and gets wheeled out max once/fortnight. They are actually stocked in OZ, so parts should be available i think
    Yeah i looked at there dealers once there is one in cairns but none in townsville so for me thats 5 hours away for parts which means whole day down. if you have a dealer in your area your laughing.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    Yeah i looked at there dealers once there is one in cairns but none in townsville so for me thats 5 hours away for parts which means whole day down. if you have a dealer in your area your laughing.
    There's a dealer up here in Toowoomba, and I've heard pretty good things about the service.
    My only concern is that our local is a Case dealer, so if it broke down would the prioritise repairs on your piddly 10k mower over a big arse tractor? I think you'll find that a lot of Bad Boy dealers will primarily be into heavy machinery.
    Archer's Yard Maintenance
    Toowoomba, Qld
    Archer's Yard Maintenance on Facebook

they are well built machines from what i have seen, but never mowed with one. they are alot of machine for the money

I have a smaller one (42") it is quick and covers the country good, not that flash doing precise lawns as the deck is heavy and doesn't float. Mine mows way faster than a cub cadet can drive without the blades engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassman177 View Post
    they are well built machines from what i have seen, but never mowed with one. they are alot of machine for the money
    I have been having a little look and asking questions on lawnsite and it appears they are a v/good machine - service & warranty will be the only problem BUT when the once great USA defaults on it's loans, the US Dollar will plummet, Australian interest rates will sharply rise as we have another GFC. Thats when the Aussie battler wil buy something like US1.50 and I may just take a risk and buy one of these and land it in Melbourne for about $6500
    Any thoughts????

I would probably take the risk, but try and minimise that risk by making sure it is the same as the Aussie model. Belts, blades, bearings and engine parts should be able to source locally. I would do it, just do your homework.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Statler, they have the same ones in Australia so parts no probs - just warranty! You will get none and have to get a good reliable mechanic to work on them. Saying that after speaking to a few guys on the USA forum they have been quite reliable with few problems except for all the *****iness from others who refuse to accept badboy as a legitimate machine. They may not be the best but apparently you get a lot for your money with these but time will tell exactly how good they are. If the aust dollar keeps going up I am really keen on an extreme 31kawa 54inch. Still gathering info though.
    Where did you get thet price of $1000 to ship? I would be interested in that too. Crated they are about 3.40 cubic mtrs and 680kgs. My estimate was about $1600 with added 40k's transport from melbourne docks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Thats when the Aussie battler wil buy something like US1.50 and I may just take a risk and buy one of these and land it in Melbourne for about $6500
    She is going up Johnny boy
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Think I may just see this year out with what I have and see what the aussie dollar does. I have some inside info on what the new 2012 outlaw (currently prototype) will be like with some great new mods and will wait for that - just hope price doesnt go up and aussie dollar go down either

i dont understand how the dealers can keep the prices the same, when the aussie dollar, 2 yrs ago was .90 odd, now it's $1.10 , and going up to $1.50

i'm gonna hit up the walker rep and see if theres any movement on the price of that MT.

$12,000 in the USA, $25,000 here, with a $1.10 exchange?

someone is making BIG BUCKS outta us buying these mowers.

I priced a few ztr's locally today and it seems like the list prices have gone up a bit since I priced them a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I priced a few ztr's locally today and it seems like the list prices have gone up a bit since I priced them a few months ago.
    Another thing is - some are starting to be brought in from China!!! Maybe not the top commercial models but it has started & wont be long before others get made there. Maybe have to start asking the questionsd like Honda or Chona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast