Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Pole Saw Query

Hybrid View

Default Pole Saw Query

I need a pole saw to trim a large tree in my front yard. As I am just starting out, I don't have one in my arsenel yet. I can hire one for around $110 a day or buy a cheapie from ebay for around $200 (Dingo Tools).

Has anyone heard any stories regarding Dingo Tools?

I figure if it gets me through the job I need to do at home, and a couple of paid jobs, I can eventually get a good one when this one gives up the ghost.

Default Re: Pole Saw Query

I was looking at the BAUMR Ag and Dingo ones on eBay too. The thing I don't like about them is the multi segmented design. I guess for the price some of them are selling for though, even if you got 12 months out of it you're doing okay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-SUPER...d=255919009845

I was considering one of these from Trade Tools here in Queensland for $350. They're a 26cc motor only, but similar in design to the Stihl, Echo and Efco saws. The Efco at $1050 would be my pick of them all as the bar can be moved through 90 degrees so you're not cutting through the branch at an angle to the ground.

http://www.tradetools.com/Catalogue/...uctCode=FYS450

I had a baumr ag pole hedger the 33cc model, it lasted about 3 jobs...now may as well throw the whole thing in the bin, clutch is engaging but not turning the drive shaft even the other parts that I butchered for other things are all gave up the ghost in less than a year of occasional use. If you're looking at the same power head, save your dosh and put it towards something better. I have a baumr ag chainsaw though and it goes well and had plenty of one off use and one day went all day 8+hrs and didn't play up once. Sorry can't help you on dingo tools.

What about the Yukon multi? Supposed to be ok for the money.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    What about the Yukon multi? Supposed to be ok for the money.
    Just bought one from ebay. Will post my thoughts after I've used it on the weekend.

i just bought the stihl combo it's been awesome so far. only thing is you don't have a telescopic pole. it also take's up a lot less space than a pole saw snipper etc. i going to look around to see if i can buy a telescopic extension or just an extension

I just buy the head attachments and whack them on the end of the snipper, served me well for years

Captain Kirk, you can buy a extension pole for Stihl, either metal or carbon fibre. I have a carbon fibre one, I think it cost me $175.00 3years ago. gives you a extra metre.

Andy, did you grease the head before you used it. These saws don't have a lot of grease in them when you get them. I have one I bought before I bought my Stihl. I have used it and hammered it for years now. Just have to service it regulary. I use the Baurmr Ag on a lot of pruning jobs as it is lighter than my Stihl. I would buy another one. I use the Stihl for big tree pruning and lower hedges.

davidS
    Thanks' champ. ill grab one next time il i am at the shop. they are an awesome bit of gear hey. i was nearly thinking of buying a proper pole saw with telescopic pole but i not sure how much ill be using it and if i can get away with an extension on what i have well that's the go.

I've been using a cheap Raiden 3.05m saw for quite a few years now, its been fairly faultless (for a chinese made) had to replace the gears once, through my own fault - chain got too tight on a big, extensive job that they're not designed for- which were supplied for free....no complaints