Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Quote Originally Posted by lawn order View Post
    and with spring upon anus how do I buy one.
    please text me with info.
    lawnorder5296@gmail.com
    Phone 0488885296
    Phone 048888LAWN
    Speedway Sales. It's where Arfa got his and I did the same.

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Speedway Sales. It's where Arfa got his, It's where matt got his, and I did the same.

And me to lol mines 3 weeks old now

Me too. Baa Baaa.

Mines a few months old now and still loving it. Only issue is the height adjustment increments. It would be nice to have an extra increment between 1.5 and 2 (inches btw).

How many contractors out there use self propelled mowers? Was thinking of buying one but, are they really worth the extra money???? There is more to go wrong in repairs, the gearbox tends to play up around two years on the honda

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a1 valet View Post
    How many contractors out there use self propelled mowers? Was thinking of buying one but, are they really worth the extra money???? There is more to go wrong in repairs, the gearbox tends to play up around two years on the honda
    True but think about your body. You could be pushing that mower all day, every day, legs burning, back acheing and be totally rooted each night. Spring is nearly here so help yourself out and get the self propelled.

Quote Originally Posted by a1 valet View Post
    I know of a guy who refuses to use self propelled mower and after 15 years pushing his hips,knees and ankles are shot and is about to sell his round due to the body being worn out pushing

I have been going fulltime for nearly a year now and will be getting a self propelled soon before the next season starts. Using a pushy for the first year was good as it got me fit quickly after 16 yrs as a cabbie, but as Gardening Solutions said, rooted at the end of each day. Need a bit left in the tank for special cuddles !!!!!!

^^^
    Now there's a selling point, just gotta convince the Missus that when I spend the $1000+ that she needs to give me special cuddles

Thanks for your advise, might have to buy one now my bushranger just **** itself

If I had to use a push mower for one lawn I would give it away. Its sort of like a builder using a hammer instead of a nail gun. I mean you can and the end result is just as good but why would you. First rule of lawnmowing work smarter not harder. You will wear your knees and hips out soon enough ,even with a self propelled..

thank you arfa, thank you. great ground work.
    I have a little old lady, sweet as pie, mow her lawns for nought and tell her I am testing a new mower,
    experimenting with your new discovery.
    She is happy, I am extactic, you should be proud of your pioneering.
    HRX or dionasour "H" are ex you!

Have made do with a Honda 196m1 since I started business a year ago.

Have recently had my Dad join me and upgraded most of the gear. We picked up the Honda HRX217HYA on the recommendation of so many in this thread. We both used it today several times and it is a great mower! Saves more time than I would have imagined and makes the 196 feel very underpowered. Love the hydro transmission on it too, very smooth and super fast!

Cheers to Arfa and others for doing the ground work and putting it on here for others!

Hi All

Just saw a new ad for honda mowers on the tv and guess what, they have the HRX for $1299 as a listed product on the Honda web site http://powerequipment.honda.com.au/P...stic/HRX217HYU as well as the battery start model for $1449. Prices are a bit more than the imported cost so this still might be a cheaper option.

Glad to see it's finally made it to oz!

Still waiting for a "thank you" from Honda for doing all their R@D and market analysis while they did corporate dinners and free bar tabs.

Copy and paste my work - then hand it to the boss.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast