Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fingers crossed

Default Fingers crossed

I got a call on friday, customer says im looking for someone with a ride im like yuh sure I can help you
    He is like i have 4 vacant blockes within metres of each other, So i start getting excited, i went down there today to have a look so i can quote the 4 blocks , and when i got there my jaw dropped, and saw $$$$$ I then rang IMOWW, and said you better get down here i just quoted a big job and i need u to back me up and tell me what u think and well we both agreed i was spot on AND we both started getting excited, Imoww Literally left his hedging gear on the side of the rd to come give me a hand on quoting ( p.s I hope they didnt get stolen ) anyways i wont tell u what we quoted But if we get it, im buying a really good slasher for the job and still make a few penies in me pocket,
    here are a few pics.
    P.s Im wont put me ride through that
    this should be good fun and easy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I got a call on friday, customer says im looking for someone with a ride im like yuh sure I can help you
    He is like i have 4 vacant blockes within metres of each other, So i start getting excited, i went down there today to have a look so i can quote the 4 blocks , and when i got there my jaw dropped, and saw $$$$$ I then rang IMOWW, and said you better get down here i just quoted a big job and i need u to back me up and tell me what u think and well we both agreed i was spot on AND we both started getting excited, Imoww Literally left his hedging gear on the side of the rd to come give me a hand on quoting ( p.s I hope they didnt get stolen ) anyways i wont tell u what we quoted But if we get it, im buying a really good slasher for the job and still make a few penies in me pocket,
    here are a few pics.
    P.s Im wont put me ride through that
    this should be good fun and easy
    Looks a easy one , i got a old mobilco workmaster, hire one , dont buy if you dont have to ,find the water meter , there good to hit, lol

Im thinking about hiring one but not sure, this is the sort of stuff i want to do as supposed to domestic stuff every day. a slasher will be very hany i think in the future...Big bob would die of fright LOL

p.s i think the water is off lol!!

Hey thats cool dont go cub cadet they crap Huskies or deer is tha way...you get that contract ull be made...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

just looking around, where can i buy a slasher around sydney and which ones are good?

http://www.kennards.com.au/index.php...e=&lvl=1#rates

this might be the way to go, i wonder what a day rate is

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    http://www.kennards.com.au/index.php...e=&lvl=1#rates

this might be the way to go, i wonder what a day rate is

Greenie I know up here in Brisbane it is $116 per 24 hrs or $501 for the week.

Down here, they are about $140 for the day and $30 per puncture.

http://www.dawnmowers.com.au/garden-equipment-hire.php

I quoted a bunning back in tha day and funny this a spotlight store that had like 3 day of hedgeing didnt get it tho the guys job was to fish for qoutes a saleman very sly lol lol
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Hate to put a downer on it, but don't get your hopes up too much. These vacant blocks are the type of jobs where they can ring 7 or 8 different companies to quote and pick whoever is cheapest. There is no need for them to be home to show you anything. I've wasted plenty of time on them in the past, but hopefully you will pick them up.

If you do get them I would look at using the brushcutter with a blade on, especially the first two pics anyway. I helped another forum member on a job last week on a very similar job and it didn't take long at all with the bull handle whip with the blade on. You can go a little higher and are able to see hidden objects a little better than with a slasher mower.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Hate to put a downer on it, but don't get your hopes up too much. These vacant blocks are the type of jobs where they can ring 7 or 8 different companies to quote and pick whoever is cheapest. There is no need for them to be home to show you anything. I've wasted plenty of time on them in the past, but hopefully you will pick them up.

If you do get them I would look at using the brushcutter with a blade on, especially the first two pics anyway. I helped another forum member on a job last week on a very similar job and it didn't take long at all with the bull handle whip with the blade on. You can go a little higher and are able to see hidden objects a little better than with a slasher mower.
    mate we were going to hire a few slashers

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post

exactly, i got one the same, all excited, but he REALLY only wanted it cleaned up once, then he got a beer money bob to do the maintenance.

dont go buying a machine for one job - if and when he lets you down youre stuffed

well,thats my take on it anyway.

ive got a h660II deutscher but judging by the look of those pics i probably wouldnt even bother using it. with a good brushcutter with blade or even good thick line (which i prefer) i rkn you would hammer those blocks in 30 minutes or less each.
    the slasher is good but sometimes with uneven terrain and super high grass its just not worth the effort.. plus could be a hassle transporting.

Good onya Greenie go for it mate you do a good job and who knows what will come of it.
    Mate when I was bricklaying a Monastery came up and a lot of people said dont do it its to hard you will go broke if you make a mistake they will send you to the cleaners.. Lucky I didn't listen to Negative people cz it ended up winning the Master Builders award for bricklaying excelence. Mate if you win the job then get your slashers and go for it might open some doors..
    Just so ya know Im not full of BS

IMG_0166.jpgIMG_0166.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast