Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Now that's teasing me big time, would never have time to film one's work with a heavy 2s Multi Tool Hedger like I've got.
    Think I better leave those ride-on tyres in the shop as I may come out with somding long and narrow.
    Its' sound like one of Jack Pompei's Carvel Hull diesel boats in Mordialloc Creek idling away. Melb boys will understand that one.
    Keep them coming Mr Newcastle
    Cheers Garry

Mate I still have the petrol hedgers that I use on rough stuff, but I don't do much of that these days.

When I first bought the battery gear I used to still carry the petrol gear because I was worried that I might run out of juice, but now the petrol stuff sits in the shed most of the time collecting dust. I hedged most of today using hsa86 hla65 hla85 did a fair bit of work didn't flatten one battery

Next purchase might be the husky whipper snipper

Mate I still have the petrol hedgers that I use on rough stuff, but I don't do much of that these days.

When I first bought the battery gear I used to still carry the petrol gear because I was worried that I might run out of juice, but now the petrol stuff sits in the shed most of the time collecting dust. I hedged most of today using hsa86 hla65 hla85 did a fair bit of work didn't flatten one battery

Next purchase might be the husky whipper snipper
    How do you find the hsa 86?

I have the hla 65/85

I currently still use the shindy 2200st and love it on the small stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    How do you find the hsa 86?

I have the hla 65/85

I currently still use the shindy 2200st and love it on the small stuff
    HSA86 is an excellent machine. How is the HLA85?

just picked up my hsa86 from my local shop he in mildura looking forward to using it

The only thing that I don't like is it doesn't have a swivel rear handle. The husky does. I use it for small buxus , and when cutting curves. Like the rest of the battery stuff after owning it I couldn't be without it now.

My has86 is the one that blew the electronic board up in it, but they replaced it for free, and stihl reckon its only happened a couple of times .

The only thing that I don't like is it doesn't have a swivel rear handle. The husky does. I use it for small buxus , and when cutting curves. Like the rest of the battery stuff after owning it I couldn't be without it now.

My has86 is the one that blew the electronic board up in it, but they replaced it for free, and stihl reckon its only happened a couple of times .
    I was worried about the handle, but might have to give it a go, it looks like a great size to use on the small stuff

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    HSA86 is an excellent machine. How is the HLA85?
    Great, did a TALL pittos today - side only. I reckon it must reach about 4m high at least.
    the handle is a bit thicker but once you get used to it its awesome. So quiet as the motor is so far away too

Just another point for anyone considering the battery option. Yesterday yes Saturday, and I usually don't work on the weekend , but I had to do a trimming job as I'm getting behind again, it was a commercial job but across the road from some units. I started at 7am and was not worried about making noise , no way would I have started that early with a petrol machine on a Saturday.
    All done with hla65 , it still amazes me what it can do .

Hedging by stealth today and a contractor pulls up across the road , out comes the shindy longreach hedger and he is into it, thing was that loud I had to put my earplugs in as I quietly finished up another job. Its funny how guys look at you when they see the battery gear as if you must be a part timer... if he only knew.

Went to buy a long reach battery hedger not that i do much these days because of back pain with prolonged use.Problem with it i found is being front heavy because that's where the motor is as with most brands they sell,where the 2 stroke motor being at rear and better balanced so i'll stay with that.Preferably 21-24cc in keeping it light.

As for standard battery hedge trimmer found battery operated too slow in getting the job done only now using on very small jobs or for touching up missed trimming.

In the end i will stick to what the everyday hedging pro uses "electric" fast and reliable constant power with or without genny and easy to handle,yes i know the cord hassle but no back fatigue

Great job, looks awesome

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast