Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quickbooks

Default Re: Quickbooks

Ok so I am stuck in the office doing invoices and a small issue on QB is driving me nuts. Wonder if any of you QB gurus out there may be able to help. Here is the issue.

I email just about all my invoices and I have set up the Send Forms preferences to have the email message reflect what I want on the email form but there are drop down lists for how to add to salutation to the client and there are only 2 choices in that list to choose from being Dear and To and each has the : symbol following it and the program inserts the clients name as you have set it up to do. Now I don't particularly like either option and want to have Hi without the : following it but cannot find out how to do this. I have searched the web and no real help there.

There has to be a list somewhere in QB that holds the value for these drop down lists but I cannot find it not can I find a template for the email form.

Any ideas?
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

The : is automatically injected by by QB between the greeting and the client name as you already found out.

While you can edit the greeting from "Dear" or To", the subject line, and also the body of text, you cannot 'tweak' QB to omit the semi-colon.

What you CAN do, delete this from the email before pressing 'send'.

Too easy...
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Yeah I know that but it is bloody annoying having to do it every time. Somewhere in the quick books back end there has to be data set up for this. The drop down list has to have it's values defined somewhere but the question is where
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

If this is your biggest bug-bear then you don't have any problems
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Maybe but with all the money you pay for the system you would think they could get a little thing like this right. It should not be tedious. I hate doing bookwork at the best of times and the less time I spend doing it the better.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Maybe but with all the money you pay for the system you would think they could get a little thing like this right. It should not be tedious. I hate doing bookwork at the best of times and the less time I spend doing it the better.
    An automatic semi-colon between the greeting and client name is not 'wrong'. You are the first person I ever heard complaining about this.
    This really is of no consequence.
    Save time and learn to look past this.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

That's just it David. It is not saving me time. It is taking time. I don't like either salutation that is available and I change it. They should give you more options or the ability to change it. Maybe other people have not mentioned it because they can't be bothered but you never fix things with a can't be bothered attitude. I will find it eventually.
    Cheers

Bluey

Likely this is of little consequence to people and they have never requested it.
    Want more options? On the top bar of your QB is a button labelled "Suggest New Feature"

Because you are a bit of a programmer/web designer, you are used to being able to tweak things to your personal preference.
    Possibly you would never be 100% happy with a product you did not build, as it isn't done the way you would have done it.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I checked the Intuit forums. Lots of requests for this to be done but the stock standard answer is it can't be done. I did did use the suggest new feature button but judging from the forum plenty of people have done the same thing. I have found a program though that lets me into the QB tables in the database. Now just have to find where they set the values. And yes your right David I do like to tweak things my own way but only having the two choices in the email is just plain stupid in my book. I don't particularly like say Dear Jo and I think the To Jo is too impersonal.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I checked the Intuit forums. Lots of requests for this to be done but the stock standard answer is it can't be done. I did did use the suggest new feature button but judging from the forum plenty of people have done the same thing. I have found a program though that lets me into the QB tables in the database. Now just have to find where they set the values. And yes your right David I do like to tweak things my own way but only having the two choices in the email is just plain stupid in my book. I don't particularly like say Dear Jo and I think the To Jo is too impersonal.
    Greetings and Salutations Bluey,
    I always send the emails to myself, then forward to customer

At the moment I am editing the email from QB before I send it and Outlook keeps a copy of the sent email. What I want to try and do is get away from editing anything unless I want to say something extra to my client which occassionly I do.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quickbooks in Australia has in the past been sold under license thru Reckon. The product was actually from Intuit (USA).
    Reckon no longer have rights to use the QuickBooks brand, however still maintain a range of accounting services.

The Intuit products are solid and reliable - them having the market share in US much like MYOB in Oz.
    Intuit have a migration path to move you data from Reckon across to Intuit (historical transactions as well)
    The Intuit QuickBooks Online is also very cost effective and much easier to use than the QuickBooks Online that Reckon had been promoting.
    The Reckon solution is a remote desktop with a clunky access portal, horrid lag (latency), and an abortion of a client access screen.
    The Intuit solution is truly cloud-based - works easily on your favorite browser and is as easy to navigate as surfing the web.
    Its worth a look.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Wonder if anybody can help with my QBO problem.
    I updated my bank feed recently, and it has missed about 2 weeks of transactions in August. Tried several times, but it won't retrieve them.
    So I downloaded the transactions from the missing period only, and saved the file as a .csv and also as a .ofx file. Then tried to upload the file into QBO.

When I try to upload the .csv file, it tells me that it's an invalid file format.
    When I try to upload the .ofx file, it tells me that the file has invalid date or time information. I've rechecked the dates several times and they are correct for the period I am trying to upload.

Is there any way I might be able to manually enter the transactions? There's only 15 transactions but I've wasted many hours on this already.

Tried doing this in 3 different browsers with the same results.
    Any ideas much appreciated.

Im having a meeting with my QB bookkeeper today. ill ask her.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Wonder if anybody can help with my QBO problem.
    I updated my bank feed recently, and it has missed about 2 weeks of transactions in August. Tried several times, but it won't retrieve them.
    So I downloaded the transactions from the missing period only, and saved the file as a .csv and also as a .ofx file. Then tried to upload the file into QBO.

When I try to upload the .csv file, it tells me that it's an invalid file format.
    When I try to upload the .ofx file, it tells me that the file has invalid date or time information. I've rechecked the dates several times and they are correct for the period I am trying to upload.

Is there any way I might be able to manually enter the transactions? There's only 15 transactions but I've wasted many hours on this already.

Tried doing this in 3 different browsers with the same results.
    Any ideas much appreciated.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Thanks imoww. Much appreciated. Looks like that might have to be my next step- find a local bookkeeper that works with QBO.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast