Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yukon multitool

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Yukon multitool

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Yukon equipment before. Definitely not commercial equipment but I am interested in what it is like.

My wife's work has started stocking power gardening equipment and the other day I had a look at a machine that is 33 cc with a bump feed head, hedging attachment and a chainsaw attachment. I'm going to try and convince them to give me one to test drive but if they wont for a $195 I'm willing to spend the money and find out if it's any good.

Default Re: Yukon multitool

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of Yukon equipment before. Definitely not commercial equipment but I am interested in what it is like.

My wife's work has started stocking power gardening equipment and the other day I had a look at a machine that is 33 cc with a bump feed head, hedging attachment and a chainsaw attachment. I'm going to try and convince them to give me one to test drive but if they wont for a $195 I'm willing to spend the money and find out if it's any good.
    mate if you get hedging job thats around that figure , what have you got to loose , but some experience and really test the theory of " you get what you pay for"....I know some people have paid over 10 times that amount and weren't truly satisfied for the dollars spent ..

$195 FOR ALL OF THAT??????????????? WOW. Imagine if its good!
    Now we need a guinea pig.
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves View Post
    $195 FOR ALL OF THAT??????????????? WOW. Imagine if its good!
    Now we need a guinea pig.
    Cheers Dean.
    I believe the rrp is usually $560

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-in-1-PETROL...-/180547787486

I'm Guessing this is it.

I was just looking on Sydney tools for a Makita Multi tool and i thought they had one with 30+ cc's. Someone from here bought one.
    $ 750 i think from memory.

This could be an expensive experiment if it breaks..I think we all have learnt by now you get what you pay for..

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post

I'm Guessing this is it.

I was just looking on Sydney tools for a Makita Multi tool and i thought they had one with 30+ cc's. Someone from here bought one.
    It looks a lot like the Baumr-AG Multi tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-LONGREACH...faultDomain_15

the engine unit looks very simular to a cheap pole saw i brought about 12 months ago ... paid 120 for the pole saw to do a job then when talking to local mower shop he said the head units and shaft are based on pope trimers etc { i told him arrrhhh your full of **** stiring him up } so he gave me a trimmer head and gaurd of and old pope trimer for free = it fited perfect so now i use it as back up trimmer = 120 dollars free trimmer head and done about 12 hours of pole saw work and about 100 hours of heavy brusch cutting work and runs fine more than paid for it self i only wanted it for a simple job but i now just abuse it and it loves it ...

I've got the 33cc agr head with the pole hedger, if it's the same it's got plenty of grunt but has only had two uses so can't tell you much about it's reliability. I can tell you if the hedger bit is the same check the blade bolts regularly or you'll be sorry...

Andy, double nut the bolts.
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves View Post
    Andy, double nut the bolts.
    Cheers Dean.
    Doh! Didn't think of that, will go and check the bolts are long enough, thanks.

Glenno if you buy this Yukon equipment, can you tell me how it going because I need to buy one in future..

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post

I'm Guessing this is it.

Yep. Thats the one Neil.

I had a look when I was at my wifes work last sat day. Its a little bit heavy and didn't come with an extension but looked alright for a cheapo and I wouldn't have a problem having one for a backup.

Mind you I'm using a sanli so can't say anything about comparisons to more expensive gear

Hi Cranbourne,

How do you find the Sanli?

I use their motors(only) on Kaaz sticks for by residential stuff. For the price I get them at they are great. Keep the Shindaiwa and genuine Kaaz for other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Hi Cranbourne,

How do you find the Sanli?

I use their motors(only) on Kaaz sticks for by residential stuff. For the price I get them at they are great. Keep the Shindaiwa and genuine Kaaz for other stuff.
    G'day LWH

For $500 it does me fine. I don't do a great deal of hedging work but have used it on everything from diosma to conifers and haven't had a problem. Will admit for the finer stuff would be nice to have more revs. The pruner is great keep it oiled and sharp and it rips through everything.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast