Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capel Sound/ Rosebud 28/06/19

Unhappy Capel Sound/ Rosebud 28/06/19

Had all the equipment stolen out of the back of my ute last night in Capel Sound. I forgot to lock the hardlid and now it's all gone.

$1500-1750 worth of equipment stolen between 2am and 6:30am from Capel Sound 3940.

Shindaiwa Whipper sniper TX230

BBT 52cc. 20" chainsaw

Echo HCR1500 Hedge Trimmer

Husqvarna Blower

Plastic 10l jerry can with fuel.

May be some other items, I'm not sure of but they are only small if there is.

They left the HRX on the trailer unsecured and also left the trailer box untouched and as far as I'm aware they didn't try to get into the ute itself, so I'm starting to think it's someone very local that knows what I had in the tub.

If anyone knows or hears anything pls contact me, so I can forward info to police.

Default Re: Capel Sound/ Rosebud 28/06/19

scumbags

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Oxygen thieves is what they are.

I had that happen to me a few years back, They took the gates completely off the back of my trailer. I didn't even know they could come off as I thought they were welded in place. They are now. They took my mower, whippy, jerry cans, brand new back pack sprayer, and a few little things. They did leave the catcher though.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

I advertised my Rover 22"SP on gumtree,another lawn contractor needed a lawn mower as his Honda SP got stolen off his trailer a few days B4 and needed a replacement to make a living.He said he forgot to secure the mower on trailer out in street overnight.
    I lock everything now after having a few things disappear while working

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    I advertised my Rover 22"SP on gumtree,another lawn contractor needed a lawn mower as his Honda SP got stolen off his trailer a few days B4 and needed a replacement to make a living.He said he forgot to secure the mower on trailer out in street overnight.
    I lock everything now after having a few things disappear while working

Ever since I started I have locked everything on ute. Now I have chains welded to both trailers and visible chains on both utes. It wont stop people if they really want to steal but while working or parking at shopping center for 30 mins etc it stops the opportunistic thefts.
    As for overnight it is all still locked BUT they have to deal with 1 Akita which is my best security. He can see everyone through front sliding gate and everyone can see him.

Hope you get in all back.

Yeah it gives you a bad feeling in your gut

People who knock off a working mans tools are the lowest of low

Dole bludging smacko scum of the earth

lucky we pay our taxes so they can be on the dole

Sorry to hear Brett.
    I thought Rosebud was just a sleepy little hollow, suppose it happens everywhere.

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Sorry to hear Brett.
    I thought Rosebud was just a sleepy little hollow, suppose it happens everywhere.

Cheers Fred.
    3 Tradies from Capel Sound and 2 from McCrae reported thefts on Fri morning. I've heard of another 2 ppl that supposedly had stuff taken also, but the police haven't heard of them, so not sure if true.

The place has taken a turn with the amount of ice that is around the area, the last few yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    [/B]

Ever since I started I have locked everything on ute. Now I have chains welded to both trailers and visible chains on both utes. It wont stop people if they really want to steal but while working or parking at shopping center for 30 mins etc it stops the opportunistic thefts.
    As for overnight it is all still locked BUT they have to deal with 1 Akita which is my best security. He can see everyone through front sliding gate and everyone can see him.

Hope you get in all back.
    Good idea chaining all down...yes they can use portable angle grinders/bolt cutters my insurance will pay out if locks/chains are cut..Mowers and trailers under my policy do not have to be locked on the run but have to be secured at night.Not a nice feeling to have stuff knicked ...but its going to happen in todays world of scumbags showing no regard to the law or others ..

sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    3 Tradies from Capel Sound and 2 from McCrae reported thefts on Fri morning. I've heard of another 2 ppl that supposedly had stuff taken also, but the police haven't heard of them, so not sure if true.

The place has taken a turn with the amount of ice that is around the area, the last few yrs.
    It is amazing how much damage just one person can do. Someone walked up our street the other week and smashed windows on every car that was parked on the street, there are also a few pools of broken glass on the way to the kids school where more cars have been broken into. Luckily we weren't parked on the street that night. All for a pair of sunnies and some change or maybe a garage remote.

That's so Crap to hear Brett,

That experience sadly won't ever leave you. I've had an outboard motor stolen in Wantirna and in a seperate incident the interior of a cabin cruiser cleaned out of goodies - Years ago.
    Now I'm very protective ever since.

I live in a very good area, but have hi end CCTV and hi spec professional security system on the house and rear shed.
    Hilux and work trailer/gear sit in a large house garage with 4 turret hi def day/night IP CCTV cameras showing both sides of the roller door front/back apart from other camera's.
    Garage & shed alarms are included on the perimeter night seal alarm which I activate from bed upon retiring. Along with indoor Golden Retriever either in our bedroom or lounge getting paid Dentastix's for being alert.

If I wake to a noise, it's gab the ipad on the bedside table and open the Hikivision App and view the camera's around the house and also check what sensor lights if any came on in the vision.

Yrs later I still hold anger for the low life workers who stole the motor. I knew which crew of Utility workers took it and Knox Cops wouldn't help me.

I've worked a sh*t high pressure job all my life before mowing to live reasonable, not to have disrespectful low life's hit me again.

Hope you get some gear Brett, to get you back in business soon whilst it quiet.
    Cheers Garry

Re above post,
    5 yrs ago a feral was walking our street at 4.00am on a Sunday and tried to break into the front doors of 4 homes the house opposite had 2 Huskie's that went off.
    He then tried my front door and my dog went ape sh*t from behind the front door and the bloke then broke into the front master bedroom window 2 doors further down the road whilst they where in bed.

Got a quote for the Paradox Alarm multiple touchscreen system and Hikivision CCTV and had it all installed 2 weeks later after that incident. Whilst typing this on the main PC, I've a seperate 25inch monitor beside the PC and can see whats happening outside. Love it - Night vision is very good.

Worth the money and I can even see/check that I haven't forgot to put the roller down. Great when away to check the camera's too or do a remote playback.

Have mentioned this set up before on previous posts some time ago.
    Cheers Garry

I grab the phone and see whats going on outside too if l hear something

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Re above post,
    5 yrs ago a feral was walking our street at 4.00am on a Sunday and tried to break into the front doors of 4 homes the house opposite had 2 Huskie's that went off.
    He then tried my front door and my dog went ape sh*t from behind the front door and the bloke then broke into the front master bedroom window 2 doors further down the road whilst they where in bed.

Got a quote for the Paradox Alarm multiple touchscreen system and Hikivision CCTV and had it all installed 2 weeks later after that incident. Whilst typing this on the main PC, I've a seperate 25inch monitor beside the PC and can see whats happening outside. Love it - Night vision is very good.

Worth the money and I can even see/check that I haven't forgot to put the roller down. Great when away to check the camera's too or do a remote playback.

Have mentioned this set up before on previous posts some time ago.
    My Akitas hope for the day someone actually jumps the fence or breaks into the house.

I don't need a phone or screen to see where they are! I have a pretty good idea where they are. My dogs know exactly where they are!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast