Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: your vehicle

Default Re: your vehicle

I took delivery of my new Isuzu this afternoon.
    Now just need some rain & warm weather so I can keep it.

IMG_20170824_171636 (2)rs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I just bit the bullet on a new ute.
    Decided on a 2wd Isuzu single cab hi rider auto diesel. Delivery late next week.
    I was looking at second hand 4x4 to replace my Hilux but for the same money as the Isuzu, I was looking a 5+ yr old and 100k+ km, so went for new 2wd.
    Hi Ed, hi rider with a torquey motor & auto should get you to a few spots.
    Need more traction? put a rear locker in & unless you're pushing it, there won't be too many places you won't be able to go.
    Was considering the Isuzu when i bought the BT50, now with the tweaked motor on the Isuzu, the decision would have been even closer.
    Enjoy !

Cheers Fred.

Hi Fred, I'll be keeping the Hilux, mostly for firewood, so that's about the only time I need 4wd.
    I've only driven it home so far and the fuel consumption display is showing a disappointing 6.8km/L over 40km traveled. Hoping that will settle to about 9-10km/L average with the trailers. It cruises @ 100kph on the highway at about 1800rpm.

Hi Fred, I'll be keeping the Hilux, mostly for firewood, so that's about the only time I need 4wd.
    I've only driven it home so far and the fuel consumption display is showing a disappointing 6.8km/L over 40km traveled. Hoping that will settle to about 9-10km/L average with the trailers. It cruises @ 100kph on the highway at about 1800rpm.
    Depends what that display is for.

If it is an average it should become more accurate as you do more klms. If it is a trip average 6.8k would be terrible.

i'd expect it will use a little bit more than 9-10l with a trailer around town. Maybe on the open road with no trailer you'd hope for 9km/l.

As a guide my territory diesel averages 9-10l on a long trip, fully loaded, no trailer.

just ordered one of these for my bt50 http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    just ordered one of these for my bt50 http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
    Ive got something similar that I picked up on evil bay. Handy to have however it has been no use because every time a code has been displayed the little scanner thing hasn't picked it up. It is what I really hate about the modern cars with all the sensors. When a code is spat out you are normally no closer to figuring out what the problem is as it is usually so vague. Sometimes the fault sends the car into limp home mode on the friggen highway while overtaking and yet pulling over the car, turning it off and on clears the code. You don't know if it is the sensor at fault or if it is an actual fault.

Mechanics and the dealership would probably have more of a clue if your lucky but how much is it going to cost?

In the old days if the car broke, it was broke, none of this computer shenanigans where the computer decides to stop the car in its tracks in a dangerous situation with no visible symptons of a problem. It is why I'll probably go back to a petrol family car and move away from Turbo diesel as every time for me issues have been related to the turbo system. Mind you my K2900 turbo diesel seems to be bulletproof touch wood.

Ed, you sure that isn't 6.8L/100km's ?
    I think most mileage (oops, kilometerage) is calculated this way ?

Cheers Fred.

No Fred it was km/L, but I found out how to change it so it reads L/100km now. The 6.8 changed to about 15L/100 but that was only calculated over 40km on a brand new engine. It's at 12.2L/100 now after 112km.

I'm going to Brisbane tomorrow so should get a better idea after that and I suspect it should keep improving until the engine is run in.

My Toyota 1997 duel cab 2wd has 243,000 kays. It costs me bugger all to run and the body is in remarkable condition.
    Without the trailer yesterday from Leumeah to Nowra return about 260 klms, 11.79 ltrs/100 kays.
    Its a keeper.

I'm looking at upgrading this year, i really like the toyota land cruiser 70, dual cab. i can't believe they are asking 75k for it. its a 4.5l diesel turbo v8. i would love something like that and to do a bit of offroading. but 75k is a lot of lawns to mow

get 860 kms out of my bt50 diesel base model [2014]

My handbrake needs adjusting on the Kia K2900. I need to pull it all the way up so the cable must need tightening. The trouble is I don't have a manual and there is no chance of getting one or even finding a forum on this type of truck. I assume it doesn't need adjusting inside the wheel as do some cars.

Is there a general principal to be used when doing this? I haven't looked at it yet but assuming there is more than one adjustment point how would you go about it? Would you tighten the cable closer to the handbrake lever in the cabin or further back towards the wheels.

I think most would have an adjustment point where the single cable from the brake lever splits into 2.(One to each wheel)

Might be worth checking if the brake shoes aren't worn too bad. That could also be a reason for the handbrake not holding.

My Isuzu has 22K km on it now. No problems so far. It's a really nice vehicle to drive. Love the auto transmission.
    Still a bit disappointed with the fuel consumption. Usually reads 10.5L/100 at the end of a tank of fuel. That's mostly highway driving and no traffic in my town. On a 230km trip to Brisbane in the early hours before any traffic, it gets about 9.6L/100 with nothing on board.

For a 2WD, it's got a huge turning circle - bigger than my old 4WD Hilux. My bro has a 4 door 4WD Isuzu DMAX and he noticed my turning circle was bigger than his. I don't know the reason for that.

Don't like the hillside assist/traction control with the trailer on.

With the Diesel Particulate filter burn-off, can you tell when it's doing it? I know that the more upmarket models have a light & progress bar appears on the dash, but my model doesn't. I know mine has a light but I've never seen it come on apart from when starting & never noticed anything different to suggest it"s doing a burn-off. Other people have told me theirs burn-off quite regularly.

If comparing to my Hilux, I'd say the Hilux is slightly more comfortable (seat, suspension & handling) but the DMAX makes up for that with easy driving (Auto & more power)

Panels on the Isuzu are pretty flimsy. The door skins wobble when you shut the doors. The dealer told me when you shut the bonnet, you drop it from about 200mm rather than set it down & push it till it locks. You will dent the bonnet doing that.
    I already have a crack in the plastic front panel. It had a small dent there but I popped that out. Lost a front hubcap too, but the tyre shop had some new ones from a vehicle they replaced the wheels on, so they gave me one for free.

I think most would have an adjustment point where the single cable from the brake lever splits into 2.(One to each wheel)

Might be worth checking if the brake shoes aren't worn too bad. That could also be a reason for the handbrake not holding.
    Turned out to be a 5 minute job for me when I finally got around to it. Just needed adjusting at the adjustment point.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast